The Foundation is now seeking an inspirational Chair and up to three additional trustees to support the Foundation in the next exciting phase of its development. The closing date for applications is Monday 7th May 2018.
Following five years of successful organic growth led by its enthusiastic team of volunteers, the Patchwork Foundation has embarked upon a programme of growth and development in terms of both scale and impact. As a key plank of its strategic growth plan, the Foundation has recently secured its registration as a Charitable Incorporated Foundation (CIO) with the Charity Commission.
You can download the Information Pack here. It is particularly important to the Foundation to recruit a diversely-drawn Board which includes a strong representation of those from similar backgrounds as those we seek to serve through our programmes.
The charitable Objects of the Patchwork Foundation are “to advance in life and help young people in particular (but not exclusively) through promoting and encouraging young people from under-represented, deprived and minority communities to make their own opinions on and to actively participate in the democratic processes and wider civil society of the United Kingdom, through:
(a) advancing their education in the field of United Kingdom democracy and civil society; and
(b) providing advice and assistance, programmes, activities and other support to develop their skills, capacities and capabilities.
Current trustees of the Foundation are as follows:
- Harris Bokhari OBE – founder of Patchwork Foundation
- Melanie Dawes CB – Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Local Government
- Sir Simon Fraser GCMG – Founder and Managing Partner of Flint Global Ltd, former Head of the Foreign Office and Diplomatic Service, and former Permanent Secretary of the Department for Business.
- Temi Shogelola – former Patchworker and civil servant in Department for Exiting the EU
Skills and experience
The Foundation is seeking to recruit individuals with a track record in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in democratic life
- Championing diversity and social mobility, particularly of young people
- Communications and PR
- Expertise in financial matters
In particular, the Foundation is seeking to recruit individuals with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising and income generation within the charitable sector
- Audit and Risk Management
- Business development and commercial acumen
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Organisational development
The trustees are looking for an inspirational individual to provide leadership to the Foundation over the next period of its development. As set out in the role description, a general background in strategy, governance, finance, HR, and/or fundraising would be useful. Previous experience as a Chair or trustee would be particularly welcomed.
The trustees are looking to recruit at least three additional trustees in addition to the Chair. A general background in strategy, governance, finance, HR, fundraising, legal would be useful. Previous experience as a trustee would be welcomed.
To find out further information and how to apply for the Chair or a Trustee position, please download our Chair and Trustee Recruitment Pack here.
The expected recruitment timetable is as follows:
- Closing date for applications: Monday 7th May
- Interviews for the Chair will be held on week commencing 21st May
- Interview for the Trustees will be held on week commencing 28th May
- Final appointments by Friday 15th June